Truck Accident Lawyer Memphis, TN
There is always a high risk of serious injury whenever a person is involved in a Tennessee truck accident. Unfortunately, there are far too many crashes that occur each year that leave victims with catastrophic injuries that can leave victims permanently disabled. And each year, thousands of victims are unable to survive the injuries they sustain. If you have been injured in a truck accident, contact a truck accident lawyer in Memphis, TN for legal assistance.
How can a Memphis, TN truck accident lawyer help?
Life-threatening and fatal injuries often leave victims and/or their families dealing with devastating financial losses to deal with, in addition to the physical and emotional impacts they also are now forced to struggle with. A lawyer can help victims obtain the financial compensation they deserve for these overwhelming losses.
What are some of the more common truck accident injuries?
- Traumatic brain injury: Also referred to as a TBI, these are the most severe head injuries car accident victims can sustain. These injuries can also be “silent” ones because many times there is no bruise, bump, or wound that would normally warn the victim they have been injured. A TBI can occur even if the victim’s head did not hit a surface, but simply by the jerking movements a body makes upon crash impact. Symptoms of a possible brain injury are loss of consciousness, confusion, headaches, and changes in personality. Other common catastrophic injuries to the head that can cause brain injury are a penetrating wound and a fractured skull.
- Penetration of the abdomen or chest areas: Whenever an object penetrates the abdomen or chest areas, there is a high risk of a fatal injury. Organs in these areas that sustain damage are the bowels, heart, kidneys, liver, and lungs. Major arteries and vessels can also be punctured.
- Fractures: Depending on the severity of the break, fractured bones can cause all kinds of medical issues for a victim, even requiring surgery and physical therapy to help the bones heal. Facial fractures are common in serious car accidents and victims often have to endure multiple surgeries, including plastic surgery, before they are completely recovered. In many cases, there is permanent disfigurement or scarring. Fractured bones can also create a potentially fatal injury if the broken bone punctures an organ.
What are some of the damages a victim can pursue in a truck accident lawsuit?
- All past, present, and future medical expenses. This includes all hospitalizations, surgeries, physician appointments, diagnostic testing, physical therapy, medications, and medical equipment and devices.
- Lost wages from any time missed from work while the victim was recovering. This also includes benefits the victim may have lost. If the injuries have left the victim unable to return to work, then they may also receive loss of future compensation benefits.
- Non-economic losses, such as pain and suffering, mental anguish, permanent disability, scarring, disfigurement, and loss of life enjoyment.
What if the victim does not survive?
When a victim does not survive their injuries, their family can pursue a wrongful death claim against the liable party. Damages not only include some of the expenses of the accident mentioned above, but also specific damages for the family, such as emotional anguish, loss of the victim’s love and guidance, and loss of the victim’s financial support.
Call Patterson Bray PLLC to schedule a free consultation with a Memphis, TN truck accident lawyer and find out what type of financial compensation you may be entitled to.