If you were injured by a motorist while riding your bike, your injuries may be severe and could include the need for extensive dental work. After an exam with an orthodontist, you may have a clearer picture of what treatment you will need to repair the harm caused to you by a negligent driver. The length and cost of the treatment will also likely become clearer over time and this is important because your settlement should reflect these factors.
Negotiating with the at-fault party’s insurance company is not without its frustrations, particularly for those persons who are not attorneys. Additionally, if you are suffering from your post-accident injuries, taking care of legal matters and fighting for your rights may not be your top priority at the moment, as you need to focus on healing. Instead, consider hiring one of the best bicycle accident lawyers in Memphis, Tennessee who can handle these matters on your behalf so that you get the compensation you deserve. If you are in need of orthodontic work you should not have to shoulder those costs—they should be paid by the person who caused your bicycle accident. The legal team at Patterson Bray can help you to secure any compensation you may be entitled to from the person who harmed you and/or insurance providers.
Common Dental Injuries from Accidents
There are all manner of injuries to the mouth and face that can occur as a result of a bicycle accident. This is particularly true if the bicycle and its rider are impacted by a large object such as a moving vehicle. Even vehicles travelling less than 30 mph can cause catastrophic injuries to bicyclist. In addition to other injuries you may have sustained upon impact with the motor vehicle, your dental injuries might include one or more of the following:
· Fractured or broken teeth.
· Full extraction of teeth with or without roots.
· Fractured or broken jaw bone.
· Future death of one or more teeth roots. This particular form of damage may take years before symptoms present themselves. Should this occur, the teeth will likely require root canal procedures.
· Teeth misalignment.
· Soft tissue damage.
Dental Treatment Costs Post-Accident
Depending on the nature and severity of your dental injuries sustained in the accident, your treatment may require a coordinated effort among several healthcare providers. This may include an orthodontist, surgeon, physical therapist, chiropractor, etc. Treatment costs will likely be very high. Hiring a Memphis, TN bicycle accident lawyer can be beneficial for a number of reasons, including:
· A bicycle accident lawyer can determine the extent of your damages and submit a claim to the responsible party on your behalf. An experienced lawyer will realize all of the damages that can be claimed, even future damages, and assess appropriate values to each.
· Should the responsible party’s insurance company lag in settling the claim, one of the best bicycle accident lawyers in Memphis, TN can step in and pressure them to close the claim or else be taken to court in a lawsuit.
· If the victim lacks funds for urgent medical treatment, a bicycle accident lawyer can often arrange for a deferment in anticipation of the insurance company’s settlement award.
If you were injured in a bicycle accident and are in need of dental treatment, contact one of the best bicycle accident lawyers in Memphis, TN in order to learn more about how we might be able to assist you.