Steps to Take In A Personal Injury Claim
Whether your personal injury resulted from a car accident or slip and fall accident, it’s important to take the proper steps in order to receive fair compensation.
- Take Photos: If you are physically able, it’s a good idea to take a few photos of the accident scene. If you were involved in a car accident, a personal injury lawyer in Memphis, TN might suggest taking photos of the damage to your vehicle, photos of any nearby traffic signs, and photos of skid marks on the road.
- Talk to Witnesses: If there were bystanders present at the scene of the accident, don’t be afraid to ask for their names and contact information. A personal injury lawyer Memphis, TN clients trust may call these witnesses to testify on your behalf in court.
- Seek Medical Care: Seeing a doctor for your personal injury is crucial, as a personal injury lawyer Memphis, TN residents count on can confirm. A doctor will examine your injury and determine the best treatment for it. Make sure to ask for copies of all relevant medical documents, including bills and X-rays, to include in your claim.
- Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer: It may be in your best interest to work with an experienced Memphis personal injury lawyer on your case. Your lawyer may help you gather evidence, talk to insurance companies, and represent you in negotiations or court proceedings.
What Types of Cases Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Memphis, TN Trusts Handle?
At Patterson Bray, we represent victims who have been injured in all types of accidents. Whenever you have sustained injuries in an event caused by another party or parties’ negligence or recklessness, you may able to obtain financial compensation for any pain and loss you have suffered because of those injuries. Some of the most common types of accidents we handle include:
- Motor vehicle accidents: Many of the victims we represent were injured in car accidents caused by another driver. Whether you were a driver, passenger, pedestrian, or cyclist, our personal injury lawyer Memphis, TN residents rely on can pursue damages against the at-fault driver who caused the accident. We also represent motorcycle accident and uninsured motorist accident victims.
- Truck accidents: Accidents involving tractor-trailers can be more complex than other types of vehicle accidents. Not only may the truck driver be at-fault, but there may also be liability with the trucking company the driver worked for, and the cargo company who loaded the freight the truck was transporting. If a truck accident was due to a defective truck part, then the manufacturer of that part may also be liable.
- Workplace Injuries: Under federal and state laws, employers owe a duty of care to provide a safe environment for employees. However, workplace injuries or illnesses do occur and, when they do, the employer is responsible for the employee’s medical bills as well as paying the employee their salary as they recover from their injuries. Unfortunately, this process can get complicated and many companies and/or their insurance companies attempt to either deny and injured worker’s claim or try to force the worker to return to their job before they are medical ready.
- Construction Accidents: The construction industry is one of the most dangerous and is where the most workplace injuries occur. Many of these injuries are catastrophic for the victim and their families and often result in the victim’s death. Our firm specializes in construction site accidents and work diligently for victims and their loved ones.
- Medical Malpractice: When we go to doctors, we put our trust and faith in them to heal us, not hurt us. But statistics show that preventable medical errors are the third leading cause of death for patients in this country. Medical staff can be guilty of missed or incorrect diagnosis, medication errors, and even operating on the wrong part of a patient, all leading to sometimes tragic injury to the patient.
Consulting with a Personal Injury Lawyer Memphis, TN Depends On
In your first meeting with a Memphis personal injury lawyer, he or she will likely want to learn more background information about your case. For example, your personal injury lawyer Memphis, TN victims call may ask you what sort of injury you suffered from the accident, how it occurred, who was involved, and if you have any evidence. If you have any documents that pertain to your case, such as medical records or police reports, don’t forget to bring them with you to the meeting.
Do not hesitate to ask questions of your own during the meeting as well. For instance, you might want to ask your lawyer if they have handle personal injury cases similar to yours in the past. These questions may help you learn more about their experience.
Call a Skilled Personal Injury Lawyer Memphis, TN Clients Recommend
If you suffered a personal injury, you may want to talk to a personal injury lawyer Memphis, TN residents respect. At Patterson Bray, we handle a wide range of personal injury cases and take the time to get to know our clients. Our policy is to cap the number of active injury cases our firm is handling at a given time. This allows each personal injury lawyer Memphis, TN clients depend on to be fully available to focus on each of our clients’ cases.
If you would like to talk with a compassionate personal injury lawyer in Memphis, TN, contact our firm today. At Patterson Bray, we’re happy to meet with potential clients to discuss their cases at length. These initial consultations give us the chance to evaluate the details of each case and to get to know our clients on a personal level.
Do not wait to hire legal representation for your personal injury case. You deserve justice for everything you have been through. If you are searching for a personal injury lawyer Memphis, TN offers, contact Patterson Bray at 901-372-5003.